A glow serum for natural skincare is an easy way to achieve radiant skin with non-toxic ingredients and essential oils you can tailor to your skin's needs!
Staring at various bottles on a shelf, reading endless reviews online, and hoping that I choose the right bottle of face cream. This used to be my process for skincare. There are so many options out there it's hard to really know what is the right choice none the less the natural choice. That was until, I did my own research on using non toxic products. Glow serum for natural skincare was such an easy decision for me.
A few years back, I started on a journey to incorporate more non toxic products in our home. I also loved the idea of using natural skincare products. The plus side is they worked better than the large brands I had used and they were far more affordable. Who knew, you could make your own serum that gives you a healthy natural glow and you could tailor the oils to fit your skin's needs or seasons!
Cozy Tips for Glow Serum For Natural Skincare
- A 30 ml dropper bottle is the best for the ratio of ingredients listed below.
- Jojoba oil is a great carrier oil option for a glow serum as it does not clog pores. Almond oil is another option that will not clog pores either. Don't use coconut oil.
- When using a glow serum, you only need a few drops at a time. In addition, glow serum can be used both during the day and evening.
- You can use a glow serum alone or paired with a natural face cream. Make sure to use the cream first then the glow serum, if you are pairing the two. The essential oils will block any other products from your skin if you use it first before the cream, for instance.
- For extra attention for you skin, use a few drops of the glow serum in the evening with a rose quartz roller and gua sha. I have been using this one for years!
- Add cute label to your dropper bottle, such as the one in the image below. You can find create options on Etsy or mine is from Oilyay!
Supplies for Glow Serum
- 30 ML Glass Dropper Bottle
- Jojoba Oil
- 30 Drops of Essential Oils (I will typically select 3 essential oils and do 10 drops of each. Lavender and/or Frankincense always a great one to include.)
What Oils Blends Can I Use For Glow Serum?
Each essential oil has unique properties that produce a variety of benefits. You can change your glow serum based on the individual needs of your skin. I also switch up my glow serum based on the seasons. My skin requires different oils in the winter versus the summer, for instance. As a result, you have a natural glow serum that meets the special needs of you skin.
- Lavender: Above all else, this oil is the all around go to oil for dry or oily, sensitive skin, and wrinkles.
- Frankincense: Use this oil for wrinkles and an ageless appearance.
- Copaiba: This oil is great for not only dry, but wrinkles too.
- Geranium: For normal or dry to acne prone skin.
- Manuka: A great oil to reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Helichrysum: For mature or sensitive skin, this powerful oil is a great option.
Blend any three of these oils and you will have the perfect natural glow serum. A classic blend and first choice option is lavender, Frankincense, and Geranium. In the winter, I swap out the Geranium for Copaiba. What will be your first blend?
The Cozy Details
It is so simple and quick to make a glow serum for natural skincare.
Step 1: Gather your dropper bottle, Jojoba oil and select 3 essential oils.
Step 2: Add 10 drops of each essential oil you selected into the dropper bottle.
Step 3: Top with Jojoba oil. Add the dropper bottle cap and gently shake.
Now you are ready to use your own glow serum for healthy, natural glowing skin! Using natural ingredients that actually work for facial products is so simple and rewarding, you won't want to switch back to anything else!
- Gather all supplies together.
- Place 10 drops of each of the 3 essential oils into the dropper bottle.
- Top the dropper bottle with Jojoba oil.
- Place cap on the dropper bottle and gently shake.
- Use morning and evening.