A simple DIY Stain Stick made with dish soap, natural cleaner and essential oils to remove the toughest stains naturally.
Splatters of green, red, and purple always seem to end up around the kitchen table. Not to mention on the clothes worn by little ones. I used to turn to name brand stain sticks until I decided I can make my own using products I already have on hand. Plus, I can have a cute roller ball that banishes stains using safe and natural products.
Cozy Tips for DIY Stain Stick
- Thieves dish soap or regular natural dish soap can be used in this stain stick.
- Use a glass roller ball such as this one.
- Make a few roller balls of this stain stick at a time and keep one in your laundry room, one in your car, and one in your bag so that you always have one on hand.
- A cute label, such as this can be used or more on Etsy.
What Essential Oils Can I Use?
Lemon essential oil is a great option to not only neutralize odors but it is a stain remover. You can combine lemon essential oil with Thieves essential oil for an extra bit of stain fighting power.
How To Use The DIY Stain Stick
Using this DIY stain stick is just like using an other stain stick. Wipe away any excess on the fabric and then roll the stain stick in circular motions on the stain until the entire stain is covered. Then wash the fabric as usual. Repeat if necessary.
Supplies for DIY Stain Stick
The Cozy Details
Step 1: Gather your supplies and take the top off of the roller ball.
Step 2: Add 10 drops of lemon essential oil.
Step 3: Pour in the dish soap to half way up the roller bottle.
Step 4: Top the rest of the bottle with the Thieves cleaner.
Step 5: Gently shake back and forth.
Now it is ready to use to remove any stains. For more on natural laundry options, read more here!
- Gather your supplies and take the top off of the roller ball.
- Add 10 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Pour in the dish soap to half way up the roller bottle.
- Top the rest of the bottle with the Thieves cleaner.
- Gently shake back and forth.