An easy and quick homemade whipped cream that is naturally sweetened with maple syrup and all from scratch. Top on any dessert or on coffee!
There's no denying that whipped cream makes nearly anything better. While a store bought whipped cream in a can will do the trick, there's nothing that compares to sweet and creamy homemade whipped cream. The texture is slightly more dense and the creaminess is perfection. You can even adjust the level of sweetness to your own preference. My usual whipped cream is a subtle sweetness, but for the kids I will tend to add a little splash more of a sweetener. Once you have had a fresh from scratch whipped cream on a warm dessert or on top of a cup of hot cocoa that you made in less than 10 minutes, you will never want a canned whipped cream again!
- Make sure the heavy cream is cold when you are pouring it into the bowl. This helps with the whipping process.
- Use a high quality maple syrup, such as this one.
- If you prefer your whipped cream to be sweeter then add a bit more syrup.
- Feel free to add other flavors such as cinnamon or vanilla to your whipped cream.
- The ratio of ingredients can easily be adjust higher if you wish to double to quantity of whipped cream.
- Fresh homemade whipped cream will last in the refrigerator for about a week.
- Top on any hot cocoa, coffee, pie or dessert! I even use it on my Christmas Morning Baked French Toast! Check out the blog post on this special holiday breakfast here!
Ingredients for Homemade Whipped Cream
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Good Quality Maple Syrup
The Cozy Details
The process of making your own whipped cream is so simple and takes just a few minutes! To start gather your ingredients.
In a medium size bowl, pour the heavy cream and the maple syrup.
Whip on a high speed with an electric mixer for about 4-5 minutes. Here is a great mixer that I have used for years.
You will want the cream to become thick and soft peaks. Be careful not to overmix or the cream will become less smooth and creamy.
Use within a few days and keep in the refrigerator.
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Pour the heavy whipping cream and maple syrup into a medium size bowl.
- Whip with a handle held mixer or in a stand mixer on high for about 4-5 minutes. You will want the cream to become light and fluffy or soft peaks.