A one bowl, easy and moist banana bread made with chocolate chips for the perfect breakfast or afternoon treat!
There is just something about a banana bread that is so simple yet comforting. It's a great way to use up ripened bananas and have nice treat for after school or breakfast.
This one bowl, banana bread comes together in minutes and makes two loafs. One you can eat and one you can freeze for later. Plus the addition of chocolate chips add a new flavor that makes an ordinary banana bread even more special!
Cozy Tips for Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- This one bowl banana bread makes two loafs. One you can eat now and one you can freeze for later. Alternatively, you can make muffins if you prefer.
- Use a toothpick to test if the banana bread is done if it comes out clean or if you press gently in the center of the loaf and it springs back.
- Make sure to spray the loaf pan with a good quality non stick baking spray to ensure none of the bread sticks to the pan.
- For the chocolate chips, you can use semi sweet, milk, dark, chunks, chips or a mix of all!
- Banana bread makes a great gift for friends, loved ones or neighbors. Just wrap in parchment paper and tie on a ribbon or some twine. Then pair it with a strawberry butter or cinnamon butter by mixing together softened butter with strawberry jam or cinnamon and honey in a small jar!
Ingredients for Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Mashed Bananas
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Do The Bananas Have To Be Ripened?
The sweetness and texture of the bananas are the best for banana bread when they are ripe. The riper the banana, the more sweet and soft they are. This makes for a sweet and moist bread.
What Oil Can I Use In Banana Bread?
For banana bread, you can use coconut oil melted, vegetable oil, or a very light flavored olive oil.
How To Freeze Banana Bread?
To freeze banana bread, once the bread is completely cooled wrap it in cling wrap and place into a ziplock bag. The bread can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a loaf pan with non stick baking spray.
Step 2: In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the mashed banana.
Step 3: Stir in the dry ingredients. Once blended add in the chocolate chips.
Step 4: Pour into two greased loaf pans and bake for 1 hour.
Step 5: Remove from the oven when the top of the load springs back when pressed gently. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn on to a wire rack to cool.
More Treat Ideas
- Lavender Hot Chocolate
- Lavender Honey Latte
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Simple Lemon Bread
- Apple Butter
- Berry Crisp with Lavender
- Strawberry Shortcakes
- Roasted Strawberry Honey Ice Cream
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable or Coconut Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 3 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Mashed Bananas
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a loaf pan with non stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in the mashed banana.
- Stir in the dry ingredients. Once blended add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans and bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven when the top of the load springs back when pressed gently.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn on to a wire rack to cool.