A simple and fun Valentine's Day dinner that is quick to put together with a creamy alfredo pasta and a chocolate fondue!
Valentine's day seems to feel like both a hug and a side nudge from Winter. Long after the festive holiday's but not close enough for the warm kiss of Summer. While there are plenty of romantic and elaborate Valentine's Day dinners out there, why not have a fun yet simple Valentine's Day Dinner Idea for Family!
Often Valentine's day is during the week with the usual hustle and bustle of schedules and appointments. Yet, this is day is a great opportunity to make dinner and the evening a little but special but without too much fuss. This idea includes an easy and fast alfredo sauce that can use any pasta and toss in a side of peas and maybe chicken if you want to boost it up a bit. Followed by a fun and family involving chocolate fondue tray. How could you not love this type of dinner idea!?
Cozy Tips For Valentine's Day Dinner Idea for Family
- Make this dinner extra special but easy to clean by setting out a lovely tablecloth or even a disposable table cloth. This one is such a sweet tablecloth that you can save and use every year.
- Sprinkle in a few simple vases with flowers or heart confetti to make it fun for the little ones!
- Use twinkle lights or flameless candles for a warm glow.
- Have every family member write a short love letter for someone in the group for a sweet table activity.
- For the alfredo pasta, add in some frozen peas or any frozen vegetable your family enjoys to round out the dish.
- You can add in some grilled or baked chicken or a side salad.
- For the chocolate fondue place, all of the dipping items and forks or sticks on a tray for ease of use.
Ingredients For Valentine's Day Dinner Idea for Family
- Spaghetti such as fettucine or angel hair or even penne
- Heavy Cream
- Grated Parmesan
- Salt & Pepper
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Dipping Items (such as marshmallows, strawberries, graham crackers, pound cake cubes, cheesecake bites, oranges.)
Helpful Kitchen Supplies
Do I Need a Fondue Pot?
No, you do not need a fondue pot at all. While I love the idea of a traditional fondue pot and I actually do have one, I almost never use it. It's just one more item to get out out the cabinet that is heavy and bulky. A small pot will do and if the chocolate starts to thicken just place it back on the stove under a very low heat for a few minutes.
The Cozy Details
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the cream.
- Bring to a low simmer and allow to thicken slightly.
- Add in the cheese and stir to melt. The sauce should thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Stir in the nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with pasta and enjoy!
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 14 oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- In a small pot over low heat, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Stir frequently. Once melted place use as a chocolate fondue!
If the fondue needs to be reheated, place the pot back on the low heat and stir for a few minutes.